Family and Community Engagement Facilitator
Youth, Family and Community Engagement Facilitator Position With our Strong Connections-Powerful Futures Program!
Are you interested working with youth and families in the East African community? Interested in working part time with a collaborative team? We are hiring for a part time Facilitator in our Mental Health and Counseling Programs, Immigrant and Refugee Services.
This position works with a team of facilitators and therapists and reports to our Clinical Director
The focus is on: Engagement of youth, families and communities in mental health related activities and services by: Collaborating with East African community organizations to destigmatize mental health issues and concerns; and developing and delivering family workshops and dinners to promote connection between youth and parents and assist in relational skill building.
We are looking for a provider who is experienced at engaging families, enjoys outreach, has effective relationships with the East African community (specifically Ethiopian, Eritrean and Tigray), enjoys collaboration and facilitating change, takes initiative, is creative and excels at both one on one and group situations, is a self-starter, and has strengths in facilitating communication
- Master’s degree in social services related field and one year of related experience, or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent lived experience.
- Understanding of one or more East African cultural groups: Ethiopian, Eritrean, or Tigray.
- Fluency speaking, reading and writing in English and in one or more East African languages such as: Oromo, Amharic, or Tigrinya.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to successfully work within a diverse cultural setting and provide culturally relevant services to youth and families.
- Ability to work some evening hours as needed to meet client need.
- Articulate and able to represent the agency in a professional manner.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license, insurance and personal transportation.
- Clinical skills, including knowledge and ability in assessment, therapy, case management, advocacy, referral, and crisis intervention.
- Experience working with other systems in the community that serve children and families.
Position is located at the SEYFS building with travel to schools, client homes and other community settings. Position is currently working hybrid-both remote and in person.
The position range is $20-$26 per hour d.o.e.,
Position is part time-15 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Note: Full position description available upon request.